The firearm-related YouTube channel Hickok45 was shutdown for a second time this week early Friday evening for violations of Google’s policy’s, according to the notice on the channel’s webpage.
“Here we go again. Guess this message I got on Wednesday doesn’t mean very much,” said the channel’s host, Greg Hickok, as he shared a notice from YouTube informing him that his account had been unsuspended.
Hours before the channel was terminated for a second time on Friday, he shared a video where he and his son, John, who helps operate the channel, discussed the process of restoring the channel and the likely mishaps that led to the conflict. They said they did not blame Google or YouTube, but the actual issues were still unclear and they reasoned that the cause was an automated system enforcing broad policies.
Guns.com reached out to Hickok, but he did not respond to requests for comment at time of publication.
After the channel was first shutdown on Tuesday, Hickok said the violation was related to his Google+ account, which he didn’t know he had, and videos automatically being posted within a network. Google+ is a type of networking functionality attached to gmail and YouTube accounts.
Known for his folksy comments and jovial demeanor as he plinks in his backyard range, Hickok is one of the most popular firearm-related YouTubers. The channel, which shares videos that run 20- to 30-minutes long, has garnered more than 1.8 million subscribers and more than 468 million views.
After the show was suspended on Tuesday, fellow YouTubers and…